Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ugh..

What a god damn day it's been.

This morning I wake up after a nice 8 hours of sleep only to remember we still haven't replenished our coffee supply and that I'll need to make a quick stop at the store on the way to work to feed my dreadful caffeine addiction. If I don't have a good sized cup of coffee before about 11am then the rest of my day my head feels like it's being eaten by zombies and the pain doesn't subside until late in the evening. Needless to say, coffee is important. So I get dressed and do my usual morning routine and then at 8:25am I realize I forgot to move my car last night. I needed to move it because I parked in a spot that had street cleaning starting at 8am this morning. Monday nights are near impossible to find parking so I had planned on going out late and moving it when less people were around. Alas, I forgot. I run out to my car to see a lovely $35 ticket on my windshield. Nice.

I drive to work normally, with a bit of a sniffle and a brand new cough brewing in the back of my throat. I arrive to work on time after a brief stop to grab a cup of French Roast coffee from Ralph's. And then...

Ok I'm already tired of typing this, so here is the abridged version.

I taught 5 classes today and my kids were being annoying as hell. By mid-morning my small cough and sniffle had evolved into the plague. I feel like death, my throat is killing me, I'm coughing my lungs out, blowing my nose every second, and I'm really freaking tired. I get home ready to relax and dive into some animation only to get a 15 minute critique and half credit on the assignment I spent a million hours working on last week. Majority of the things he crit could have been addressed weeks ago but he either didn't mention them before this week or changed his mind, so now my motivation level to work on it is like nil. Then he critiques my planning for my next shot and doesn't want me to do it so I basically have to do it all over again. Awesome.

Not a terribly bad day, I just feel like shit and it's amplifying everything, turning me into a crabby old man.

No comments: