Friday, April 27, 2007

Bigs up to my man Tyler

Ty's mom and grandma came to watch today. I guess he had a fieldtrip at school so as soon as he came in he was smiling and ready to go, which is nice considering most of the time it takes some coercing and prodding to get him into it. We started off on the balance beam as a change and he did quite well. Next we started jumping on the yellow crazy trampoline and he got wicked into it, I've never let him up there before but today seemed like a good time to try it. Next onto the tumble track for some more jumping, and then.....*drumroll* we headed towards the bar. After some trickery and a little nudge nudge from Ose he FINALLY got his forward roll over the bar! *cheer* That is amazing. He then did it 4 more times and got better each time until he barely needed my help at the end. I'm so stoked for him. Raddest 14 year old autistic kid ever. Just a couple months ago he barely knew how to use his muscles and now he can do all this cool shit. I love my job.

I'm now looking forward to a long night of animation and blasting baddies back into Oblivion.

No comments: