Tuesday, June 3, 2008

FJORG!

Ken Robkin, Bill Buckley, and myself were accepted into this years FJORG! animation super challenge at Siggraph. It's a 32 hour long sleepless animation marathon to see which team can complete the best animation in that short time. It's awesome, and I'm stoked.

Here is more info about FJORG:

http://old.siggraph.org/s2008/submissions/late/fjorg/

On another note, my short is coming along very well. I managed to get all 9 shots blocked and most of them into spline. They are mildly rushed but I have plenty of time now to polish since I met the deadline. I worked a lot on the set yesterday, a much needed break from actual animation. Built the actual Tatami mat floor patterns, modeled some new furniture and textures a few pieces. Once I start playing with lighting I'll post up some teaser renders.

No comments: