Thursday, February 14, 2008

An Epic Day, Feature Animation!

Today was an ultimately epic day: my very first day animating on a feature film. It's heart-pounding to think only a year ago I was learning how to animate a bouncing ball, now I'm working on a feature. I'm still not quite sure how that happened...if I figure it out I'll post the algorithm straight away.

I've always believed that hard work will get you where you're going. Perhaps that's why I enjoy Rock Lee so much from Naruto. His character is based of the premise that he was born unable to perform at the same level as his peers, but becomes a "Genius of hard work" and proves to everyone that he can still be an awesome ninja even with his terrible handicap. I don't necessarily believe I was "born" unable to animate, or unable to do anything for that matter, but it's certainly been a long and bumpy road trying to get here from little old Brewster. I've gotten A LOT of help from A LOT of GREAT people of whom I'll be forever thankful for, it's because of those people that I was able to work so hard and persevere to get to this point.

Generally speaking I'm not a very confident guy, it takes a lot for me to except or admit that I can do something well. This is one of those rare times where I can sit back, relax for a minute, take a deep breath, and be proud of myself.

This is only the beginning!

No comments: